Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Google Docs and Spreadsheets and Forms~Oh my!

I’m still in the infant stages of learning about this incredible resource, but I am thoroughly impressed with Google Docs and all it has to offer.  I’ve been using the spreadsheets for collaborating with a group of reunion planners while we try to locate classmates.  There’s no “reply to all” emails filling up my inbox.  When a change is made by one member, it is automatically reflected on the spreadsheet for all of us to see.

I’ve used the documents for collaborating with others in my group from school.  The past two weeks, we’ve have been assigned to write a paper as a group.  This is no easy task, but it is much simpler with Google Docs.  We’ve been able to assign each of us a color so that all of our contributions can be easily seen. 

I can see huge potential with this in the classroom when assigning group projects.  The students can submit all of their contributions on one page.  It’s a win-win.  They get to learn from each other while developing their collaboration skills and I get to grade one paper instead of many.

I am anxious for the opportunity to use Google forms.  I’ve browsed through the templates and see the endless possibilities for my future classroom.  The best part about forms is that all of the responses are put into spreadsheet form so that I can see everyone’s answers on the same page.

No comments:

Post a Comment